Re: [NTLK] "iPod"

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 10:17:50 EDT

* Bill Davis <newton_at_ecity.net> on Wed, 24 Oct 2001
| How did you go about taking that long to find a song? Did you actually
| time it? If so, the Rio sounds like a truly awful product.

Rio the -song-. Duran Duran. Remember them? Maybe not....

It took 20 seconds because I currently have some 1500 songs on my NJB. It
takes time to scroll through that much stuff no matter how good (or bad)
the UI.

| Add a Firewire card.

Not possible on an iMac, and maybe not NuBus machines.

FWIW, the two Mac guys at work said, "neat, but I won't buy one" about
iPod. And *that* is what I meant the first time around. Not only does
iPod exclude 99% of the potential market, it is priced too high for a
goodly chunk of the remaining 1%.

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ Warning: pregnant women, the elderly, and
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ children under 10 should avoid prolonged