Re: [NTLK] Replying

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 11:48:59 EDT

<soapbox>
    Or we could all write replies incorporating previous arguments to which
we are referring as necessary.
    Personally, I don't really care whether replies are above, below or
within quoted material. However, in a long thread layers and layers of
quoting can get very annoying. But I don't think we have to set hard and
fast rules about where people can and cannot reply (as though any such rule
would be followed anyway).
    And one can usually go back to the earlier parts of the thread if
there's something you need to review ... these computer things do allow us
to keep vast amount of information sitting around for occasionally
instantaneous retrieval.
    We just have to remember that some folks read the list on their Newtons
and 15K emails with quoting going a dozen layers deep in multiple formats is
less than enjoyable.
</soapbox>

Cheers,
Peter