Re: [NTLK] Replying

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 08:41:37 EDT

Christopher Plummer wrote:

> > Oh, really. I'll bet a poke in the eye with a sharp stick would do the
> > trick. What about half a box of cracker crumbs in your underwear? Or
> > how about a zoo vet using your newton as a tool to check the prostate of
> > a male elephant?
> >

> Just out of curiosity how did you come up with these things? There is
> always a little truth in every joke. Methinks you have put a box of
> cracker crumbs in your underwear an given an elephant a...a...oh
> man...prostate exam...Bleech!

Imagination is a great substitute for all the things one can't ever hope
to accomplish in life...

You know why the MP2K is so useful for elephantine prostate
examinations? Backlight. And everything is such a lovely color of
green.

The Lincoln Park Zoo was due to order a dozen MP2Ks right before Jobs
killed the Newton. Now they use Palms. However, at the time they were
impressed with the MP2k in their field tests, which demonstrated that
the doctor could not only use the mp for the actual testing, but could
write the results 'on site' by using the stylus with the backlight on.
This is to say nothing of the impressive ability to conduct visual inspections.

I imagine, though, that if you had a strong response to the 'cracker
crumb or prostate exam' idea, there's a good chance you're having a
sympathetic response due to your own past experiences, commonly referred
to as Post-Traumatic-Induced-Memory-Loss. Many people, like those with
experiences of being abducted by aliens, have their memories blocked
after their traumatic experience, either by drugs or by their
subconscious mind.

So you probably don't consciously remember your shorts full of cracker
crumbs, but it gives you a tremendously uncomfortable feeling, right?
This is a good sign of PTIML. However, who could ever forget giving an
elephant a prostate exam?

What? Nobody remembers giving an elephant a prostate exam? Maybe the
memory-erasing drugs are stronger than I thought.

Mark