Re: [NTLK] Apple to unveil ... - OT, rant.

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 10:59:38 EDT

Woz called the Newton 'marginally profitable'. It take this to mean that
the Newton *was* catching on and making money. He also said that it made
good business sense for Apple to maintain the development of the Newton
*because* it was making some money for the company and that Apple had an
obligation to those customers.

Too bad Woz is running things at Apple. Maybe the machines on the outside
wouldn't be as glamorous but I'm sure they'd be *very* cool... ;)

At 02:26 AM 10/25/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>But there's no proof that the Newton Division was shut down for anything
>other than basic bad business sense.
>
>You say what you believe, I'll say what I believe, but until Apple releases
>the profit/loss sheets on Newton, I will continue to say otherwise.
>
>..BTW, you are right, Apple always had/has plenty of 'cash', but the loss
>of profit sounds like it's losing money.
>Insurance companies in California keep saying that they're losing money but
>they're still in business even after Prop.103. :-(
>------------------
> >.but there's no reason to believe that the Newton division wasn't shut
>down for
> >anything other than basic good business sense.
>------------------
>
>---------------------
>
>!ooW %-) "Tony Blair's speech to the Labour Party conference"-"In
>retrospect the Millennium marked only a moment in time. It was the events
>of 11 September that marked
>a turning point in history, where we confront the dangers of the future and
>assess the choices facing humankind."
>
>Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!
>

>--

David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net
http://www.davenet.net
ICQ UIN: XXXXXX (please ask if you want to talk via ICQ)
Linux - Chicken Soup for the Unix Soul