Re: [NTLK] A Newton Question!

From: Andre Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 13:25:08 EDT

on 10/25/01 9:37 PM, Bill Davis at newton_at_ecity.net wrote:

>>> Are you SURE it's USB? Sounds like it might be one of the Serial to
>>> Newton Interconnect cables that EnFour sold. Does the "USB" end fit the
>>> Interconnect port under the door at the top of your 2100?
>>>
>>> - Bill
>>
>> Nope , absolutely USB, even has the USB symbol on it. Plugs right into a hub
>> or my Mac. the other end plugs into the newton dongle and then into the
>> newton. It Just Don't talk. It'd be a cool solution if it worked.
>>

> Weird! I haven't a clue what that could be, then! Doesn't sound like a
> USB to serial adapter. There's usually more to them than just a cable.
> I figured it might be because people have mistaken the Newton
> Interconnect connector for a USB connector before....

I have seen one, and just one of these before. My friend actually picked it
up from a local cable supplier here (linHaw) for his Newton. Unfortunately,
it doesn't seem to work, it would appear that there aren't any drivers built
into windows for it, and no drivers came with it. If, however, you can get
it to work please tell me.

Andre