[NTLK] Pre paid phone card dialing

From: Larrie Easterly (larrie_at_larrie.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 13:27:56 EDT

Has anyone gotten a prepaid phone card dialing string to work correctly on a
MP2100. The dialing string I am using is 51 characters long, 55 characters
when dialing from a hotel.

1,8005972421,,,,,,1,,1235556789,,1,,,5036240558,,,,

The Newton consistently cuts off the last 13 characters from the dialing
string.

I have tried entering the access and card numbers in the prefix section and
manually entered the number. It still cuts off the last 13 characters -
036240558,,,,.

I also know that the dialing string works because I can successfully connect
using my laptop.

For those of you who have not used one of these cards the long pauses,
identified by commas, is when the system is talking back to you and cannot
be interrupted. The 9 is for an outside line, the 1 is for long distance,
the 800# is to access Sprint, the next set of digits is the card number, and
finely the 503# is my ISP.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this.

Larrie