[NTLK] different PDA approach

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 06:39:46 EDT

Slightly off-topic. I received a SPAM for a PDA that is Palm-compatible,
but it appears (to avoid licensing fees) you have to flash the PalmOS
into the unit after you buy it!

http://www.gtownebook.com/

That's certainly one for the copyright lawyers, it can run the PalmOS,
but it's not a licensee. I suppose this makes the (remote, like Guinness
in hell) possibility of a Newton OS 2.1 clone viable, if it was sold
without an OS, and someone (P Guyot, S Weyer?) making an app to "slurp"
out the NewtonOS?

Parenthetically, I always like to have "fun" with spammers when I can. I
tried to fill out the order blank as a Mr. "Dick Hertz" (it's early AM,
sorry) but these SPAMmers are so incompetent the form page wants an
e-mail address, but there's no blank for one.

--
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com