Re: [NTLK] An interesting and under-reported fact

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 08:09:48 EST

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 10/27/01 9:26 AM, the entity
known as Jon Glass transmitted the following from jonglass_at_usa.net:

> You know, I compare Apple's marketing strategy vs other manufacturers' to
> ads for automobiles in the states vs in Europe. In the States, most ads are
> very blunt, and show power-cornering-and all the gadgets and emphasize the
> financing possibilitie. In Europe, at least on the channels I watch, the ads
> are much more sophisticated and subtle and try to create an atmosphere,
> usually upscale, about their car.

That's because, from what I've been told, *comparative* advertising is
ILLEGAL in Europe. For whatever reason. (Unless, of course, this was
misinformation...)

- Eric.