Re: [NTLK] Programming for our beloved Newt

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 21:29:12 EST

        First of all, I must thank you for your tips. I have checked out
NEWTtools and it looks like an excellent site.
        Also, I have converted one (possibly two) more to the Newton! At
first he was intrigued by the screen size and the PCMCIA. He also liked
the idea of using the modem from his PowerBook in it. Then he was blown
away by the HWR! Then I told him about a few of the wonderfull things that
NOS 2.1 had to offer. He has set out to find a 2100 for himself.
        I'll be getting one myself as soon as I can scrape together the
cash. But, unfortunately, some bastard in an SUV (I did manage to get his
license plate number, though) ran over my dog today and the necessary
surgery to have him walking normally again is in excess of 1500 USD. I
WILL eventually have one though. Of that you can be sure. It is rather
like Wayne from "Wayne's World" as he looks at the guitar. "It will be
mine. Oh yes, it will be mine."

-James

The James Elliott Newton Site
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?