Re: [NTLK] An interesting and under-reported fact

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 02:45:19 EST

on 10/28/01 4:42 PM, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> My understanding was that if you wanted to do a comparative ad in
> Europe, you had to have some really good documentation to prove your product
> was 20% better than the the competition. Since such documentation (years of
> independent studies etc.) isn't cheap or quick, atmosphere is the next best
> thing.

There is also the added advantage that atmosphere creation is very
sophisticated, and gives a solid, positive image. I don't want to sound like
I'm knocking it, but the difference is almost funny. It was to me, last
fall, when I went back to the states for the first time in over three years,
and was confronted with these direct, in-your-face ads, which I had
completely forgotten about. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland