Re: [NTLK] eMate wake up problem

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 11:41:02 EST

on 10/29/01 11:12 AM, Daniel Stacey at dws_at_danielstacey.free-online.co.uk
wrote:

> My eMate won't wake up from sleep mode. It will wake up if you set an alarm
> or eject a modem card, but won't by using the power key. It powers off fine.
> I have tried doing a brainwipe but it makes no difference. I have done every
> possible reset there is but still no difference. I get the problem on
> batteries and on mains power. Any ideas?
>
> I have tried leaving it for a day with no battery, but there was still no
> difference. It will wake up if you set an alarm, so it probably isn't the
> logic board. Even a hard reset hasn't made any difference. Is there any
> software that I could put on that might fix it?
>
> People have suggested that it might be the batteries, so I have replaced
> them. (Go to www.pda-soft.de/body_emate_battery_pack.html to find out how to
> do it) It will now stay on for hours and hours but I am still having the
> same problem as before. Any ideas anyone?

Well, if you're sure that you did a "hard reset", then it would mean a
hardware problem. If that's really bugging you, you could always send it
back to Apple that will repair everything that is wrong/not working for
$180...

BTW, my eMate wakes up whenever I open the display lid. Is yours different?
How do you put it to sleep?

-Laurent.

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.