Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 12:07:17 EST

  Especially in Computer Science, how did you get away with exporting
symbolic math and CS to your Unix machine? Just curious as I take my notes
in sketch form so that I can freehand all of my math and science symbols
with no worry of Newton recognition (plus it is faster to write this way as
I do not like using the keyboard for note taking).

   Yet I do not see why a trimmed down Newton would have to sacrifice much,
if any, screen realestate. I am sure the clever Apple engineers could
design a slimmer form factor around un updated, and same sized, screen. If
they cannot, then I have this funny vision of an odd shaped Newton with the
same sized screen as now yet with a small body. The vision looks too odd,
thus not very Apple like.

Always,

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110