Re: [NTLK] OT: Lo-Fi-IPod

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 18:04:35 EST

on 10/30/01 10:44 AM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

>> I forgot about the iSub. I got to listen to one in a store and was amazed at
>> how deep yet clean it was. Unfortunately, from what I've been able to gather
>> on the web this evening, it only works with certain models of iMacs, and
>> won't work with my PB 2k Pismo. :-( Thanks for the suggestion. It whetted my
>> apetite. :-)
>> --
>> -Jon Glass
>
> http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/171/wo/pkOh0
> 2OknUjDGPHdGa1/2.3.0.3.30.10.8.13.0
>
> I think they do!

Here's what the web page says:
Compatible with slot-loading iMacs with CD-ROM, DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives
running Mac OS 9.x. Also compatible with PowerMac G4s 466Mhz, 533Mhz, 667Mhz
and 733Mhz models when used with the Apple Pro Speakers.

Notice that it doesn't say PB G3, or any powerbook computer. This means that
I hesitate to pay for it, have it shipped to Krakow, only to find it doesn't
actually work. :-) I'm going to look into the Soundworks Ensemble. Someone
mentioned it. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland