[NTLK] MessagePad vs ThinkPad

From: Scotty Technoir (mailrecipient_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 00:48:59 EST

i couldn't find an answer in the FAQ, nor via Dave arnold's IR-specific Faq,
so i out it out to the community: Can NCU connect my MP2K to an IBM Thinkpad
390e?
So far it seems it cannot. When i set the Thinkpad to listen on the IR port,
and attempt to beam from the newt, the dingle-bells go off on the ThinkPad,
telling me that it detects the beam. The newt, of course, informs me that
there
are no receivers detected. I tried setting Dock to IR connect, but still
no go. On the thinkpad side, i try setting the COM port to the virtual COM
4,
but NCU does not accept this as a proper or available port. has anyone got
this
to work? it seems to me that it has most likely come up before, but i only
recently acquired the thinkpad, and i haven't read EVERY newtontalk message
in my inbox [500+/week is alot of reading, no matter how eloquent you guys
are...!]

keep those sticks on the ice,

scotty technoir