[NTLK] Freeware question

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-S3 (Frank.Gruendel_at_de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 03:15:14 EDT

Hi folks,

I plan to make two small freeware packages available for download from
my site. I'm aware that they can be found everywhere anyway, but I don't
want to have to check whether the links are still ok all the time.
Would putting those packages up for download from my site be legal?
One package is datarescue (the one that automatically opens the connection
slip and waits for a connection when the Newton is powered on),
the other one is PackType (the one that changes type/creator on a Mac).
Packtype probably won't be a problem because I can ask Steve for permission,
but the site mentioned in datarescue's readme file isn't online anymore.

Thanks for any insights

Frank