[NTLK] Verizon Mobile Office & Newton

From: Mcello_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 04:36:48 EDT

Has anyone else tried using Verizon Mobile Office to access the internet=20
using their Newton and cell phone? Works great as long as you are in a=20
Veriizon digital service area. No extra charge except your phone minutes. Se=
t=20
up phone (I am using a Qualcomm 860) with their data cable, a null modem fro=
m=20
Radio Shack, a gender changing adapter and the Newton PC serial cable (must=20
use Newton cable not Palm) and set up my internet connection using their=20
access number #777 and login script. Instructions online for the Palm and=20
Laptops on their website. The only important missing info (which I had to di=
g=20
for) was their DNS address which is: 199.74.157.18. =20
Login script is:
Send atdt#777
Send =B6
Pause 4
Done

You will also need the Qualcomm driver which is available on the Kyocera=20
sight.
I assume this will work with later phones as long as you have the appropriat=
e=20
data cable. This gets you on the net without another service provider. Modem=
=20
speed is only 14.4 but adequate without loading a lot of graphics (using=20
Nethopper).
Have fun.
Myron