[NTLK] MP2x00 Display Upgrade - news

From: cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 16:20:37 EDT

The response to the user survery that was posted at NewtonTalk.net has been very good - to say the least. (http://www.newtontalk.net/screenpoll) Thanks go out to everyone that participated.

The survey is still on-line if you have not had a chance to vote.

Here's a peek at the results from a little over 100 users:

- over 2/3 of users plan to use their MP2x00 units for 4 or more years. Looks like we can plan on seeing an active NewtonTalk list for serveral more years.

- more than half the people said they'd buy a replacement touchscreen right-away, or wait for the inevitable scratches and scrapes to become a problem. This is a very good sign. :-)

- and it looks as if the pricing will be in-line with most expectations.

I didn't get any useful results on the backlight color selection (or the How Many? question) due to a scripting problem. If you have a preference for something other than green or white backlight please let me know via email. For initial orders, I'll probably have both white and green.

- Calvin
cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com.