Re: [NTLK] packages with generic icon

From: Kolbjørn Barmen (kolla_at_nvg.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 09:03:45 EDT

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Patrick Hudson wrote:

> Several of my packages on the UNNA disk or when downloaded have no package
> icon and are not transferable to my Newton. Others are. Any idea what this
> is about?

The joice of mac filesystem, you need to set correct type using filebuddy or
something. Personally I dropped the mac because of this tedious issue and rather
install the packages through web, using my amiga as webserver and with apropriate
MIME type for the packages so that the newton understands what to do with them.

-- kolla