Re: [NTLK] Clarity Memory Issue

From: Diana Oakley (dianajoakley_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 23:07:06 EDT

Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:43:39 +0200
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Clarity memory issue
From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com>

on 05-09-2001 5:00, Diana Oakley at
dianajoakley_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>> It seems like Clarity should work on the eMate,
>> upgraded or not. Shouldn't I be able to use it via
>> flashcard between two eMates?

>I guess that the only way to find out is to Brain
Wipe your eMate
(after
making a backup !) and install Clarity with the "Save
new info and
packages
on this card" in the Card app on.
If it complains it wants stuff internally.

>Robert Benschop

Last night I did Brain Wipes on both eMates, erased
the card and then installed Clarity with the "Save new
info..." selected. Then I found a soup application
that let me move soups to the card. What I discovered
was that I had Clarity soup everywhere. I think I had
been alternately saving information internally and on
the card. I finally found soup that had most of the
information I needed and put that on the card.

Everything was working fine. I was able to swap
eMates, using just the card with Clarity on it. But,
at a certain point, the eMate that is not upgraded
just wouldn't work anymore. Clarity couldn't open any
files, kept saying it was out of memory, etc. I quit
and put the card into the upgraded eMate, and it has
worked just fine.

The other thing that started happening is that at
first, when I would remove the card, everything was
fine, no error messages. Then, when I would remove
the card, I would get a message that said that
Clarity, which was supposedly solely stored on the
card, needed to have the card replaced. I'd put the
card back in and then there would be a message saying
the card could be removed.

I receive an email from Brant Sears, and in essence he
said that he had never tested Clarity in this way. He
recommended using it on one Newton exclusively.

Thank you for your help.

--
Diana Oakley