[NTLK] Copyright etc

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-S3 (Frank.Gruendel_at_de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 10:50:05 EDT

>> How are they supposed to _do_ this??

> just allow people to legally obtain a copy of your software.

No! Although I occasionally think that I am the only one with this
attitude, I think that I have an obligation to support software I have
sold. Actually, I also think I have an obligation to support my freeware,
but that's
another matter.
And if I can see, for example, that I won't be able to provide the required
support
within the next few years, because maybe the wonderful wizardess of Palm has
bewitched me or because I think I need two years of hiking in New Zealand to
come to my senses again, I will NOT sell any of my software and I
will feel VERY bad about the software I've sold up to then. I wouldn't
even sell it without support.
This doesn't necessarily mean I'm not going to sell it ever again. And it
certainly doesn't mean that I would accept people using my software without
paying for it. Even if they *did* try to reach me each day for the last six
months. Unsuccessfully because New Zealand's beautiful rain forests call for

backpacks and hiking, not for computers and eMail.

Frank