[NTLK] Community

From: Alexandre Enkerli (aenkerli_at_indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 16:14:01 EDT

Hm...
When I joined this list a couple of weeks ago, I was simply impressed by
the traffic generated by our beloved Newts. Here, I thought, is a real
community of dedicated users who carry the torch and will do so no matter
what.
Now, I'm not saying that this enchantment is gone. It's just that I think
the best thing about this group (Newton users in general) is the fact that
we still find our devices useful.
Yes, it's sad to have been abandoned by Apple and by most (but not all)
developers. Yes, it *is* frustrating to transfer a cool-sounding demo
only to find out it expired in 1998. But we've got a cool tool and lots of
ideas. Not to mention NewtonDev...
And to those developers (include some list members) who didn't abandon us,
thanks for the fish!

Alex