[NTLK] Backlight

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-S3 (Frank.Gruendel_at_de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 05:31:11 EDT

> If anyone actually knows how the NOS decides whether the Newton has a
> backlight or not, this could be useful in figuring out what goes wrong
> with the light.

There's a system call stored in ROM you can use to query that. The
system call obviously doesn't return something burnt into the ROM, but
queries the actual hardware. I have a 120 which has a ROM donated by a dead
130, and in this machine the system call correctly reports that the device
does *not* have backlight.

Frank