Re: [NTLK] Dragon Package

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 11:33:44 EDT

>Thanks for the explanaition Laurent..What about the data that is
>invisible in RezEdit, is that normal too? Roman

Yes.
The infos that resedit shows include two things:
The size of the data fork. ResEdit doesn't show the data fork at all,
use another tool to view it.
The size of the resource fork. This is 0 when there is no resource
fork, and something like 256 when there is an empty resource fork.
All this is totally normal.

The problem with the dragon demo doesn't come from a corrupted
package (well, at least the package installs properly, and the header
isn't corrupted at all).
It comes from a bus error. I'm not sure of the cause yet, but I
suspect some problem in the relocation info. Maybe they've
implemented a good software protection, but I rather think that
PackageBuddy didn't extract it properly.

Ken, did you try by sending the package to you by e-mail?

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/