[NTLK] Overall Handheld Market

From: Alexandre Enkerli (aenkerli_at_indiana.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 15:48:35 EDT

Hello all!
Is it just me or is there's been a lot of activity in the handheld
market as a whole, including smartphones and such? Mergers, acquisitions,
alliances, new products, convergence plans...
Anyone has a good idea of what's going on? Any reasonable scenario of what
might happen? Any idea where our beloved Newts will fit in the picture?

At this point, couldn't Sony/Ericsson buy both Palm/Be and L&H/Dragon to
then create the ultimate Smartphone/PDA with *complete* voice support?
Maybe the original plans for the MP2100 with Dragon's Speech Recognition
could be fulfilled afterall... ;-)

Alex