Re: [NTLK] proper behavior

From: Templarsog1_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 19:04:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/01 6:46:42 PM, pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com writes:

<<

> Mr. temparsog and I are having a very good debate

which in and of itself is debatable.

> of which may be of interest to many people.

or may not...

> I will not respect your wishes, unless you call a vote and the majority

of people here

> say stop.

What, and waste even more bandwidth?

> The will of the one is unimportant, but the will of the many, now

> there is a voice you should listen to (only because they could beat you

up.

> Mobs are no fun :) ).

It would appear that your voice is very LOUD at the moment. But your voice

is

but one and, of course,

 unimportant.

Regards,

David Humphreys

PS I look forward to your donation (monetary) to Newtontalk. >>

Mr. Hunphreys,
     As the other party to the above mentioned debate I would caution you to
moderate the condescending tone of your future messages. You may at some
point find yourself on the receiving end of such condescenion and find it
exceedingly unpleasant.
     It would also serve you in good steed to keep in mind the following
axiom: 'It is better to be silent and only thought a fool than to open ones
mouth and remove all doubt'. Of course, I do not intend to imply that this
would apply to you. I only mention it for your edification.
     Also, while your enterprise is related to the Newton one could easily
make the argument that your commercial use of this service to promote your
product is grossly out of order. This in particular, for an englilsh
gentleman such as yourself, who traditionally find even the discussion of
'the trade' inappropriate and distasteful.
Cordially,
William