[NTLK] MP130s

From: Alex Enkerli (aenkerli_at_indiana.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 00:00:06 EDT

**********************WARNING************WARNING******************
My Mac's smiley generator is dead but there should be a whole buncha
those in the following message. Please take it with a grain of
salt...or a lot more, if you can spare any.

>From: "Filmer, Paul E." <pfilmer_at_nsf.gov>
>Hah! Fooled you -- I really wanted to discuss copyright!

Oh! Puh-leez!!!!!! No!
(BTW, if there's a vote against all those non-Newton "debates" about
copyright, law, abandonware, and sado-masochism, count me in as "Oh,
please stop! Right this minute")

>Well, OK, no.

Phew!

>I just got a new MP130 to replace the one stolen from my secretary

So, is it "your" Newton, then? Eh?

>Now I'm a NOS2.1 kind of guy,

Oh, that's he starts the offensive...pretty sneaky...

>2) The Power Switch/backlight. Seems to have no spring

Well, some of us, 130ers, do have a spring. And we enjoy the beauty
of the green backlight very much, thank you. We just have to pull the
switch all the way down and wait until we hear the nice high-pitched
hum.

>Loose wires, perhaps.

Is that the only loose thing?

>3) Stylus - I already hate it.

Well, Mr. Picky, some of us thought those stylii were pretty neat indeed.

>Does it always stick out like that?

Well, no! Not if you put it the way it should be! Geesh!

>this is definitely green,

Well, not *that* much! Maybe "your" Newt has been in the sun too
long. Because, you know, 130ers tend to get a lot of sun as they can
fit their MP in their shortpockets...

>compared to the darker, more mysterious, MP2100.
That's it! The 2ks are mysterious and our beloved Newts aren't? Well!
For your information, if we, early adopters of Newton wisdom, hadn't
been there at the time, maybe the Newt would have been Steved before
Jobs' arrival and you would have had to wait for secondhand 130s to
be enlightened.
I mean, don't worry, I'm not taking this the hard way. Nooo! Of
course not! Why? A 2ker doesn't like the 130s? Guess we should all
throw our 130s away, then. Oh no, better yet, sell them on eBay for a
fraction of the price 2ks reach.

Grmbl, grmbl...

Sorry about this. Couldn't help it. Temptation was too great.