[NTLK] MP130s

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 08:49:25 EDT

> Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 23:00:06 -0500
> From: Alex Enkerli <aenkerli_at_indiana.edu>
> Subject: [NTLK] MP130s

> **********************WARNING************WARNING******************

noticed!;)

>>2) The Power Switch/backlight. Seems to have no spring
>
> Well, some of us, 130ers, do have a spring. And we enjoy the beauty
> of the green backlight very much, thank you. We just have to pull the
> switch all the way down and wait until we hear the nice high-pitched
> hum.

Others, still, used to preserve the beauty of the working spring by mainly
using i++, AVI's Backdrop, or other software with some sort of light-switch.

>>Loose wires, perhaps.
>
> Is that the only loose thing?

Looking at the MP again, the 130 always felt more rugged then the MP2.1K.
I want one back in my hands...

> That's it! The 2ks are mysterious and our beloved Newts aren't? Well!
> For your information, if we, early adopters of Newton wisdom, hadn't
> been there at the time, maybe the Newt would have been Steved before
> Jobs' arrival and you would have had to wait for secondhand 130s to
> be enlightened.

No no no, temporal instabilites arise, you cannot Steve(tm) something prior
to Jobs' Arrival(tm).

Oliver ;)

--
                       /"\