[NTLK] Internet Movie Database September update

From: Tom Sheppard (TSheppard_at_home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 17:49:51 EDT

Greetings PDA and movie buffs,

There was no announcement of the August updates as I was only home for 5
days all August. However, I still managed to get out the Newton ebooks most
weeks.

------
Newton:
------

The September 2001 updates for the Newton ebooks are now available:

All data is current as of 2001-09-07.

The ebooks with movies from the last 24 months and last 16 weeks are
updated. These books are updated weekly (check Mondays) but I announce only
once a month.

<http://www.magma.ca/~sheppard/IMDb/Newton.html>

----
Palm:
----

There have been no changes to the PQA.

<http://www.magma.ca/~sheppard/IMDb/Palm.html>

It has been 8 months since the IMDb folks said they'd be providing their own web site for handhelds. If you're wondering why I'm not adding new features and am just maintaining the server, that's one of the reasons why. Let's hope they finish up soon.

I'll be contacting them to see what's up.

One bozo at pacbell.net continues to probe the web site with a Windows NT box. This is in violation of the terms of use of the site. Even though responses have been filtered out, this person keeps probing. I've asked PacBell network folks to shut this person down, but they have not been effective.

If you're using PacBell and are told that your address is blocked, it's because I have to block two large subnets because of this person.

<http://www.magma.ca/~sheppard/IMDb/Web/>

Enjoy,

...Tom

To unsubscribe from this list: <mailto:TSheppard_at_home.com?Subject=IMDb unsubscribe>