[NTLK] IrDA, Nokia, Newt Mp2K

From: String Powered Productions (toas_at_microtech.com.au)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 01:03:41 EDT

Hi guys!

What can be done??
I have an MP2k I would like to use with a Nokia 6210.
If its possible I would like to a) use the 6210 internal modem. b) manage my
phonebook and SMS messages.

I have been told the MP2k uses a different IR standard to the IrDA found in
most modern stuff. Is there a fix/modification that can be made if this is
so?

What serial cables might I be able to use to link the Nokia and the newt. I
assume a Mac serial cable for the 6210 might work? any model numbers?

What software can be used? What drivers or modem setups might work?

hehe...can't think of anything else to ask just now...no doubt i will
though! ;)

Thanx!

Bill