Re: [NTLK] Dear List dad.....

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 18:11:23 EDT

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com wrote:

> This list does have a few members who download and read this list on a
> Newton. There is sometimes limited memory for this operation on their
> devices. An occasional off topic post is OK but the latest thread in regard
> to copyright which has degraded into a name calling fingerpointing debate is
> kinda inappropriate for this list. Can these be filtered and/or an official
> request to end the topic happen? I know we moved here as to not be limited to
> discussion (which can happen on commercial servers) But this is, IMHO, gone
> to far to long.

First and foremost, this is a forum for discussion. I intentionally do
not limit or censor any arguments or threads. I have been finding the
traffic lately extraordinary, but I must admit that I have not had a lot
of time to read all of the messages. As of right now I have 250 e-mails
waiting for me, about 200 of those from NTLK. I am going to try to catch
up tonight.

A few people e-mailed me about spam, both on the list and people's
addresses being harvested through the archives. Could you please send
(or re-send) your concerns to my OTHER e-mail address:

chuma_at_chuma.org

Thanks.