Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #191

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 07:00:31 EDT

> From: Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de (Frank Gruendel)
> Subject: [NTLK] Re - Rugged 130's
> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:31:44 +0200
>
>> At least, it died in style...
>
> Oh yeah! It belonged to my brother. His wife, responsible for the
> green tea, was *that* close to die in style, too...

"WIFE DROWNED FOR SPILLING TEA!"

> No. "Immediately" means just that. Another translation: "Way faster
> than what I would need to install a package".

Ahhh, that sort of immediately, including "always".

> You are right, but that's not 130 specific. All Newtons are rugged in tha=
> aspect. I never killed a Newton by letting it fall to the floor (and a fa=
ir
> amount of my Newtons did).

Well, I hope I don't have much chance to find out again. Second day with a
1000DM+ device (can't remember how much I paid...a lot...) and I drop it
right on cold stone - that's just my very own kind of decadence...

>> Looking at the "one piece" aspect, my OMP beats them all, of course ;)
>
> Correct. Just today I used two of those for testing DotClock (soon to be
> released), and boy, what a phantastic display. What a contrast. Beats all
> newer models hands down. If this thing had backlight and could be powered
> by AA size batteries, it'd be my favourite.

Because the AAA ones are so expensive?
Talking about all the "let us convert this and that PDA to a Newton"
discussion - what one really should do is upgrade the OMP to OS2.0 and
install a backlight.
Let me guess - impossible?

Oliver :)

--
- Macs sind f=FCr die, die nicht wissen wollen, warum Ihr Rechner funzt.
- Linux ist f=FCr die, die wissen wollen, warum er funzt.