Re: [NTLK] SER-001

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 08:34:33 EDT

Woo lee wrote:

> Well folks, I've tested all ten, even the one I 'thought'
> wasn't working.
> Even after three attempts at Eleu's place I tried once more
> tonight, and it
> works great. I guess David has more experience. :-o
>
> Thanks David H.!!! So what else can we expect?!?!
>
> !ooW %-)

Great news Woo!

10 for 10.

Now, let us take a peek into the lab...

Due to the fact that some of you have asked about
accelerated Newtons using the SER-001, I have been
experimenting.

I have a working prototype of a Newton keyboard that
works WHILE ACCELERATED!!!

It does require some modifications to the keyboard
but it is great to see how responsive it becomes
at the faster speed.

The next part will be to design a speed control.

It will be a replacement for the implant but will
have additional functionality.

I don't want to say too much at this point, not
because it's a secret, but because I don't want
any of you expecting a function that doesn't make
it to the final product.

The goal is to:

Come up with a way to accelerate the Newton AND
retain k/b, IR and serial functionality AND be
compatible with non-modified Newtons.

Phewww!!!

Stay tuned...

Regards,