Re: [NTLK] emate Ebase

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 02:27:58 EDT

>Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:20:36 -0400
>Subject: [NTLK] emate Ebase
>From: "Richard LaGuardia" <rlaguardia2_at_home.com>
>
>Does anyone know if you can export Ebase databases or output them to another
>usable form or program? Is doing a backup the only way to save an Ebase
>database? Also, what would you consider a better database to use. Thanks.

There's a brief ReadMe file with eBase on UNNA. You need to download the
Mac or Win Connection App, then specify in which format you'd like to
export (tab or comma delimited) and that file can be opened with FileMaker
(and possibly also other Database apps on your desktop computer). You
CANNOT import into eBase, though.

Other solutions for Newton Databses: Bee-one (freeware on UNNA -- needs 4D
v. 6.0.x on your Mac), FilePad (now vaporware; apparently nobody knows what
happened to Everchanging, the company that sold it last), and Leverage (by
Balcones Software) which is still above $100 I believe.

Of all the options I think that Leverage is the best, although most expensive.

Take your pick...

Otto