[NTLK] AW: Nokia 6210 internal modem

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 08:10:57 EDT

I have been through the same:

GSM D.pkg driver is I guess for the GSM card to plug into the Newt
but you do not need this card because the 6210 has a built in modem.
You should give "modem modifier" (you can find it on Unna) a chance - there you can adapt the settings for your phone
including the initialization string.
If you need more info about the phone settings contact me.
I have been through a long process getting all the info needed, because the built in modem is not documented and moreover
Nokia seems to make a secret out of that.
So I ended up with installing the GSM-Modem driver on my PC and logging the communication to the modem.
Since I succeeded in getting a connection from the PC via the 6210 to the ISP I am pretty sure to have the right modem settings now.

Cheers
Johannes