Re: [NTLK] Dragon Demo and e-mate?

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 10:43:24 EDT

Respectfully doppler, there must not necessarily be a dragon pkg that
supports the built-in mic.

Noise cancelling properties of certain microphones are necessary even on
(what are technically known as) microcomputer (more commonly called "pcs")
based voice-recognition solutions.

The other reason that what you are suggesting may, in fact, not exist goes
back to the fact that they never released anything other than the demo (this
I suspect, may have only been to the development community). And Dragon demo
is nothing more than a demonstration of the technology (rather than a
time-based-expiring or crippled copy of the full application). It recognizes
sounds and converts them into text, but it only displays the text in a
window. One is unable to do anything with the text after it is recognized.

I have not tried it on an eMate but may as time allows. It too would require
an audio-in adapter through the interconnect port as the mini-plug jack on
an eMate is for headphones. Since it works on an MP2000, it should also work
on an eMate 300.

Ken Whitcomb