Re: [NTLK] Deepest sympathy for the assassinated

From: Judy Perry (jperryl_at_ecs.fullerton.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 11:00:13 EDT

Absolutely! Back when my parents were globe-trotting with telescope
paraphernalia for eclipses & the like, they carried onboard small
boxes/objects that most certainly could have been bombs, as well as small
knives with which to open them. I think our security is a very sad,
unfunny joke.

My comment, however, was what to do AFTER such carnage has occurred?
Clearly, preemptive violence is inappropriate whereas preemptive security
is ideal. It's the other situation in which the 'solution' becomes
unclear and sticky.

Mourning in California, USA...

Judy