[NTLK] My new eMate

From: Demitri Muna (demitri_at_info-mac.org)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 01:54:47 EDT

Hello all,

I recently joined this list to find out what has been happening in the
Newton community, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the
platform seems to be hanging on. My new found interest was partly
sparked as I have been going back and forth between my old 120 and my
newish Handspring. It amazes me how far my 120 is ahead of the Palm OS
(preaching to the choir, I know). The end result after much FAQ reading
is that I hunted down an eMate and am having fun exploring it. The last
time I saw one I was under an NDA. :)

My question is this - does the eMate do cursive handwriting recognition?
Either I can't figure out how to turn that on, or the eMate only handles
printed letters. Say it ain't so!

Also, does anyone here have any advice on getting up to speed on
programming the Newton? It seems like there might be some fun
opportunities there.

Thanks!

Demitri Muna
Redondo Beach, CA