Re: [NTLK] PowerWord by PowerWare, Inc

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 09:21:25 EDT

On Thu, Sep 13 2001 Ermin F. Mistica wrote:
>Does anyone remember PowerWord by PowerWare, Inc.

Last thing I remember was that final development was to be done at/through Walletware (Expense Plus) but the plug was pulled on Newton before it was ever finished.

Walletware pledged to develop for the MacOS-based PDA/handheld (an apparent successor to the "bMate")Jobs promised to release in 1999, which never occurred as "MacCE" (for lack of a better name) never saw the light of day. The PDA of course was disavowed and the codenaml product eventually surfaced as the original iBook.

You can try to get the code released but I wouldn't hold my breath.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD
Why are you still buying Vitamin D?