Re: [NTLK] [OT] Act of War

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 16:13:26 EDT

------------------
>Do I get an attaboy? ;-)

ATTABOY! ;-)
----------------
>However, your comments we too good to pass up! Thanks again!

SALUTE!
----------------
>You know what I find most beneficial about this Newt list, is that there
>are folks from all walks of life with varied experience that contribute
>to this thread. It forms a community that we can all benefit from --
>which personally for me has been great since I recently returned to using
>the Newt from a 2 year absence (yes I was using a Palm). Many
>individuals have contributed information to this list that have been a
>great value to me. Thank you all.

I agree. This is the *only* email list where I really have a strong bond.
The Newton users have been very helpful and resourceful. Sorry if I care
too much about a 'toy' and the people that use the Newts. I was never in a
war(except the urban type) but a strong evil must be overpowered a stronger
good. I could not let any act of evil not be strongly apposed. If we keep
all our mouths shut then who will speak for the fallen?
----------------
>Recently, some very tragic events have occurred. Some of us have
>contributed what we thought was useful information to the thread based on
>our experience and professional qualifications. We have done so with the
>perspective that it was worthwhile information that others might find
>useful and/or informative.

The 'media' most of the time is self-serving, but a necessary evil to
provide useful/informative reports at times such as these.
----------------
>What amazes me, is why other individuals such as Alex do not just delete
>messages that they don't want to read. As far as I know, there is
>nothing that requires a person to read an Email message. We read them by
>choice.

'Choice', my 'choice' to be in this country!
An ancient proverb says 'everywhere you go, you leave a little part of
yourself', that little part of me I left in D.C. almost died.
----------------
>We have some folks leaving the list because of this. Why? I learned
>early on, that if I don't want to read a thread, I simply delete those
>messages.

I read every message, big or small, every message counts.
----------------
>Why would a person want to leave this list and miss out on messages from
>folks such as Laurent, David, Steve, Woo, etc.?

Don't forget Victor, Paul, the other Paul, and the other Paul, the other
David, Robert, and you Sushi, and countless others that lurk most of the
time but pop-up when the situation arises. That's special.
-----------------
>Anyhow, I have appreciated those who have contributed their comments
>(even though I don't agree with some) concerning the atrocity that
>occurred this week. I would suggest that this is an event that most of
>us will remember quite clearly for the rest of our lives!

>Some of us stand ready to take the next step that the President/Congress
>directs...
>
>Respectfully,

Never forget, Never surrender!

!ooW %-)
Keep on Newting! Speak softly and carry a big stick!
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!
 http://www.newtontalk.net