[NTLK] Huge Newton Collection For Sale !

From: Christian Gingras (cgingras_at_uquebec.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 21:35:33 EDT

Hello to all.

In this time of terror and sadness, everybody's trying to get on with
their lives, even here in Canada. That's what I'm trying to do also,
without ever forgetting all the lives that were taken on Tuesday...

But this is a Newton list and I must let go all my Newton stuff that I
grew to love in the last years. My job requires me to use a Palm OS
product and as much as I hate it, I cannot continue to use the Newtons
and the Visor at the same time. Since I don't use the Newtons anymore,
I'm selling them.

For now, I want to try to sell all my stuff in one transaction. Please
don't ask me about selling one particular item. If nobody wants the
entire collection, I will be putting the stuff up on eBay in the next
few weeks, in different bundles.

The (huge) list of Newton hardware I have is at the end of this message.
Everything is in great shape, as I take pride in taking care of my
electronics. The MP 130 is brand new, I had my previous defective unit
replaced by Apple. The 2100 is an upgraded 2000 (Apple upgrade) and the
screen is in really great condition. One of the door clips on the back
of the unit is missing. The stylus poppping spring is like new and the
backlight is still strong (I was using it rarely). I can send photos to
those who want.

If you see two identical items in the list, it's because I have the item
twice. With this stuff, your Newton collection will be complete and you
won't be needing anything else. You can use the Newton at work and at
home without the need to bring power adapters and keyboards along
because you will have two of each. Print Pack, Ethernet card, etc. I
tell you, this is a huge chunk of my life I'm letting go...

You can have the entire collection for only 995$US. Shipping cost and
best courier to use will be discussed with the buyer according to his
location. I can ship anywhere in the world. If you don't need all of
this, you can sell particular items if you want. I think that this
bundle is a wonderful deal and I'm doing it because I would prefer to
get it all over with in only one transaction. It's up to you to take the
opportunity offered to you.

The first one to reach me with a confirmation of buying will get it.

Please reach me at cgingras_at_uquebec.ca. Thanks.

Christian Gingras
 From Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

Newton Collection For Sale:

- Newton MessagePad 2100 (upgraded 2000)
- Newton MessagePad 130 (brand new, replaced defective unit)
- Newton Leather Briefcase (new)
- Newton 130 Apple Leather Case (zippered)
- Newton 2100 Executive Leather Case (cellular, cards, zippered, etc.)
- Apple Nylon Case for Newton and Keyboard
- Newton Keyboard (with soft case)
- Newton Keyboard
- Print Pack
- 7W Power Adapter
- 7W Power Adapter
- 9W Power Adapter
- 9W Power Adapter
- Newton 2100 Rechargeable Battery (brand new)
- Newton 2100 Rechargeable Battery (in use in the MP2100)
- Newton 2100 Rechargeable Battery (slightly used)
- Newton 130 Rechargeable Battery Pack (in use in the MP130)
- Newton 130 Rechargeable Battery Pack (used, with hard case)
- Newton 2100 Stylus (brand new)
- Retractable PDA Stylus (gold color, unknown brand)
- Farallon Ethernet Card (with direct and mini-hub cables)
- Pretec 16 Mb Card
- Apple 4 Mb Card
- Apple 2 Mb Card
- Apple 2 Mb Card
- Motorola 28.8 Fax/Modem (with 2 dongle adapters)
- Newton 2100 AA Battery Cage
- Newton 2100 Original Box and manuals
- Macintosh Serial Cable
- Macintosh Serial Cable