[NTLK] Dead MP130

From: Brian Hemens (hemens_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 21:13:35 EDT

Hello,
I have recently aquired a used MP130. When I received it, it operated perfectly, and I was very impressed with the capabilities of the machine. The next day when I went to use it, it also worked well. I then installed alkaline rechargables into the machine. The machine would then turn on and turn off again after about 30 seconds. When I would restart the machine, I got the message "Power was interupted. I then tried replacing the rechargables with a brand new set of regular AA alkalines, I also replaced the backup battery with a brand new one. I have tried soft and hard resets with these new batteries and an AC adapter plugged in with no results. I took all batteries out of the machine and let it sit overnight and tried again. This time it would power on for about 15 secs and then shut itself off. After two or three times of turning on, it simply stopped turning on. I have tried holding down the reset button and/or the power button for long periods of time. There are no PC Cards in the machine. I still canno
t get the machine to turn on.
I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone can make.
Thanks,
Brian Hemens
Canada