[NTLK] Trade: Sharp Tripad/Vadem Clio for Newton 2x00?

From: Aron Hsiao (thoth_at_leapdragon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 01:54:04 EDT

First off, hello everyone. I'm new to posting [though I've
been lurking for a little while now]. Forgive me in advance
if this message is a bad idea...

I'm now a Newton 2100 user, having recently switched from
being a dedicated Sharp Tripad (same as Vadem Clio) user.
I'm posting because I no longer use my Tripad and I really
would like to get a backup Newton 2x00 unit. So, I was
wondering if anyone would be interested in a trade. Here's
what a Vadem Clio is:

http://www.wincecity.com/articles/1998/10/1998-10-10-Vadem-Clio-Frist.html

The Sharp Tripad is physically and electrically identical
to this unit, except that the case is a lighter shade of
grey and the logo reads "Sharp" instead of "Vadem". I paid
$700 for mine about 3 years ago, but now that I'm out of
college it's just too big (640x480 display, ~2.5 lbs.) for
me to carry around.

It's got great handwriting recognition (done by the same
people who did the Newton OS 2.0 recognizer) and I've got
lots of extras -- 32MB RAM upgrade, 8MB CompactFlash card,
extra styli, fitted padded slip-case, extra (paid for)
software, AC adapter, all original manuals and CDs...

ANYWAY, before I make it a two-step process (sell Tripad on
eBay, use cash to buy Newton on eBay), I just thought that
I would see if anyone in the Newton community was
interested in a trade. So, if you think you might be
interested, let me know by e-mail and I can give you more
info on the unit (incl. photos if you want) and you can let
me know what sort of Newton package you could put together
as an exchange.

Thanks, and hello too all fellow Newton users!