[NTLK] Dead 130

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 10:33:02 EDT

> After two or three times of turning on, it simply stopped turning on.
> I have tried holding down the reset button and/or the power button for
> long periods of time

Sorry to break these news to you, but what you describe is the standard
behavior before 130's die. Not sure what causes this, probably this is
a hardware fault. Dr. Newton explicitly mentions this as one of the
fixes he can do for a 130. If ever you find out what the reason is, or
if you have it repaired and can talk the repairman into telling you what
exactly it was he did or replaced, me and a fair amount of other Newton
owners would be more than thankful for that information. In fact if you
can be sure that, in case you have it fixed, a component was replaced and
not a board, I would be interested in buying the 130 from you just to find
out which component(s) was replaced.

Good luck

Frank