[NTLK] Caclulators, WP's & then OT: Browser Issues on Macs.

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 19:33:52 EDT

Firstly a quick hello to everyone, so nice to be seeing such activity on all
matters Newton.

Timothy,

> I use the word processor area extensively & wish that I could have it do
> outlining the way NOTES does! What a crippled feature in NewtWorks Word
> Processor! Any ideas on a better solution to get it to outline? I am a
> Claris/AppleWorks Junkie!

I am personally addicted to ClarisImpact but also use BrainForest to move
outlines to and from my Newts. With X-Port, tab indented outlines can be
exchanged either way.

As to outlining in Works, I believe that the WP stationery is built
essentially from the core code of MacWrite, which also has no outliner (but
which is still my favourite WP on the Mac).

I use Landware's <www.landware.com> ScribeWorks which has proper paragraph
level style sheets with which you can at least get the formatting right.
There is no dragging topics around or anything but I have found that when an
outline has been completed in Notes or is getting too big, I copy it to
Works with Twerks <dan_at_newts.com> and accumulate them there and format them
with the style sheets. It's a tad slow but the result is very nice.

Heavy-duty outline stationery for Works would be a dream come true.

Joel M. Sciamma