Re: [NTLK] works-enhancement

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 16:49:48 EDT

on 9/18/01 4:35 PM, Peter Cameron at pdwcameron_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>> I'm looking for a works-enhancement so I can make use of styles. I
>> checked all software-sites I knew but I couldn't find one. Could
>> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> The WriteStuff from Landware and Works Better (can't remember maker) both
> offer styles, I think.

WorksBetter is from Standalone, Inc. <http://www.standalone.com/>. Not sure
if it supports styles, though...

-Laurent.

Vulcan nerve pinch n.: [from the old "Star Trek" TV series via Commodore
Amiga hackers] The keyboard combination that forces a soft-boot or jump to
ROM monitor (on machines that support such a feature). On PC clones this is
Ctrl-Alt-Del; on Suns, L1-A; on Macintoshes, it is <Cmd>-<Power switch> or
<Cmd>-<Ctrl>-<Power>! On IRIX, <Left-Ctrl><Left-Shift><F12><Keypad-Slash>,
which kills and restarts the X server, is sometimes called a vulcan nerve
pinch. Also called three-finger salute and `Vulcan death grip'. At shops
with a lot of Microsoft Windows machines, this is often called the
`Microsoft Maneuver' because of the distressing frequency with which
Microsoft's unreliable software requires it. Compare quadruple bucky.