[NTLK] AW: MP130 problem

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 05:43:10 EDT

Hey Alexey,

first of all it is difficult to read your posting, because it comes as a text attachment with 2 or 3 lines, about a kilometer long...
I do not know the 130 more in detail, but I have a 120 and a 2100.
The 120 uses a little switch on the bottom of the battery compartment to determine whether there are rechargeable batteries in or not.
In case of normal batteries teh Newt is of course NOT allowed to recharge the batteries.
If You use an original battery pack this should not be the Problem.
You can use "normal" R6 NiCd rechargeable batteries using a flexible piece of plastic ensuring that the switch is hold down when the batteries are in.
How do you determine that the power is switched from the battery to the external power?
I do not know If AVI will work in this respect on a MP130. I only know that on a 120 it does NOT.
The only change on the 120 you can see is that it showes "The Battery" instead of "Battery" in case of the adapter is feeding the Newt and after a while you will see the capacity of 100%.
You mentioned this and I think this is a sign that the Newt recognizes (and uses) the external power.
If for some reason the battery will not be charged you should see exactly this behaviour.
Regarding disconnecting the power: it takes some time on my 120 until he will check the power again, so you might have a certain delay until the Newt reflects that the adapter is removed...

Cheers
Johannes