Re: [NTLK] MP130 problem

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 08:21:01 EDT

>> I tried to remove battery physically while having power adapter plugged in -
>> same thing. And when I plug in power adapter the battery capacity
immediately
>> increases to 100% and stays there even after I remove power adapter.
>
>The 130 doesn't show recharging info. Instead, when you plug in the adapter,
>the power immediately jumps to 100%. Also, if you remove the adapter, it may
>stay at 100% for a while, until the battery reflects again, how much juice
>is left in it. As for the other problems, I'm not sure, but I do know that
>it doesn't show charging info.

The best solution is to get a recharging cradle for the Newton 130 which
has lights that go on and off telling you when your battery has charged.
Try looking for these on ebay and try to get a complete set, i.e. with
extra set of batteries and stylus. A bit more than without, but well
worth the extra money.