Re: [NTLK] 120 batteries

From: Peter Cameron (pdwcameron_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 17:43:36 EDT

on 9/20/01 11:00 AM, Samuel Jacobson at jacobson98_at_earthlink.net wrote:

>Hmm. For some reason I had the idea that the high capacity rechargeable
>NiCd were not appropriate for the MP120 which is why I went with only 1000
>mAH. Now that appears to possibly have been a waste of money.

    Those should be fine in your 120. Remember to lock down the little
switch in the battery compartment with a piece of cardboard or some tape
around the cells. I've found some are easier to hold down than others.
    They should also recharge with no problem using the power supply or the
1x0 cradle.

    I have NOT used Avi's on a 120 so I can't comment on how accurately it
will guage battery strength. Try checking the Newt's own guage in the extras
drawer.

    Yes, the backup battery is a readily available Radio Shack stock. They
go for about $5 CDN so you can expect to pay less.

Peter