Re: [NTLK] Berlitz and languages

From: Karen Boyette (tokimi_at_collapsar.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 19:54:45 EDT

yes. without a package called "jisho", these files are useless. it is a
front end to these extensions. once Jisho (or Jisyo, depending on the
romanization) is installed, you can use these dictionaries as you would
any other dictionary. the only problem is that this program is intended
for japanese people. if you do an english-->japanese search, the result
is in kanji, with no furigana, which is pretty much useless if you can't
read kanji.

you can also try Sam Gerstein's NewtJdic, an EDICT front-end. EDICT is a
huge E-J dictionary file maintained by Jim Breen. Sam's version is
available from his website, which is:

http://www.ryoohki.net/~sam/newton.html

another source of information is on the NEWTtools site:

http://www.newttools.com/

but the site seems to be down.