Re: [NTLK] Disappointment

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 09:51:29 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 9/20/01 10:42 PM, the entity known as David
Watson at drnewton_at_kc.net conveyed the following:

> For the last 3+ years, I've provided the Newton community with inexpensive
> repairs and MP2000 upgrades as a way to help support my family.
>
> I've provided quick service ( typically shipping within a couple days of
> receiving a unit ).
>
> Often while doing a repair I've done more than advertised ( example:
> replacing a broken unrelated part if I had a spare ) for free.
>
> Now I read that someone is attempting to undercut my MP2000 upgrade business
> by selling just the chips for a little less than what I charge to solder
> them in place.
>
> I guess that's the "thanks" some people have for my efforts.
>

> David Watson
>
> Drnewton_at_kc.net
> http://www.kc.net/~drnewton

Nah! Don't worry about it! Just estimate how many Newt users out there have
the requisite soldering skills. My guess is that you wouldn't even have to
take off your socks... :-) I have the feeling that this fellow is simply
making an offer that only one or two folks asked about, and he therefore
feels obliged to extend that offer to anyone else that asks.

And besides, just think of the business you may get from folks that botch it
up and when they finally get a replacement 2K, will want YOU to do the
job...

- Eric.